You may have been offered gel nail polish application the last time you visited your favorite nail bar. You may have been hesitant to try it out, and declined the offer altogether. You’ve passed out on a great opportunity of sporting beautiful nails for a longer period of time. Beside its long-lasting feature, gel nail polish offers more benefits than you could ever imagine. If you want to learn more about this cutting-edge nail product, read all juicy information below.
- Gel nail polish is formulated to last up to 3 weeks
Lacquer polish takes a beating after a few days of application. You will start small chips on the edges of the nail, which means that you may have to take all of them out earlier than planned, or bear with looking at those unsightly nails until your next visit to the nail bar. This will never be your problem once you apply gel nail polish. Gel nail polish features a thicker consistency even with just a single coat. This means that it is rather difficult to remove them even if you do a lot of activities that involved the use of hands or nails.
- Quick dry formula
Gel nail polish such as Nuluv is guaranteed to dry in minutes. A unique quality of gel nail polish is that it needs to dry under UV or LED light. A lamp usually accompanies a gel nail polish kit. This device functions to dry the gel formulation in just a few minutes. Women need not dry them further after placing their nails under the lamp, thus saving time altogether.
- Cost-effective nail grooming product
The long-lasting feature of gel nail polish means that women do not need to change their polish on a weekly basis. Nail salon services are not exactly what you call cheap, especially if you visit them on every seven days. Gel nail polish reduce application to once a month, thus enabling you to save money which you can spend on more important things.
- Perfect base for nail art designs
If you are big on nail art, you will be delighted to know that gel nail polish work great as base for nail art. As gel nail polish dry quickly, it becomes relatively easy to install nail paint and other embellishments on it.
Drawbacks of Gel Nail Polish
As gel nail polish is a relatively new nail care product, there are still hesitations among customers regarding its safety. There are claims that gel nail polish can place the health and wellness of users in danger:
- There are certain reports that gel nail application can lead to cancer. There is no evidence leading to this conclusion, as studies are still on the way to verify the safety of gel nail formulations
- Gel nail polish may lead to infections
- Slow recovery time. Technicians report that nails may suffer from discoloration after a few weeks of installation. This means that women may need to get intensive manicure and pedicure after taking out gel nail polish.
- Nail thinning is possible especially among women who get nail services on a regular basis.